Limited use motorcycles

Current & proposed legislation and political happenings that affect the two-wheeled community

Limited use motorcycles

Postby Bushwickklr » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:48 pm

We had a short conversation yesterday regarding the types of license that is needed to legally ride a scooter / moped. It seems like the DMV does not make any distinction between the two. It does however make it very simple to understand that if the scooter has a top speed exceeding 30 mph, its rider is required to have a class M endorsement.  

Guide to Limited-use Motorcycle Requirements
Class Determined by Range of Top Speed
A Over 30 mph to 40 mph: class M/MJ
B Over 20 mph to 30 mph: any class
C 20 mph or less: any class
User avatar
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:47 am

Return to Legislation & Politics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest