No Motorcycles Allowed

Parking, Maintenance, and Such

No Motorcycles Allowed

Postby Jillian » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:23 pm

I know of a private parking lot (at a bar) that has a sign up: "No Motorcycle Parking". :( Management says it's because they "had some problems" involving a knife fight with some mean old biker dudes. (No, I don't normally hang out at bars like this :lol: )

So, I know in general businesses, especially bars, are given wide leeway to refuse service. And motorcyclists aren't a "protected class". But I still think it's super lame-o that two wheelers can be banned. I assume it's legal: Is it :?:
President, NYMSTF
http://www.nymstf.org
Jillian

Re: No Motorcycles Allowed

Postby jerlbaum » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:37 pm

So many things I want to say.... but, this isn't ADV JM. :lol:
jerlbaum
Site Admin

Postby JohnC » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:15 pm

I noticed last night while watching the news that MCs are not allowed at some airports, is this true? Right behind the reporter was a sign with a MC and a red line thru it. They were talking about TSA employees stealing stuff from travelers.
JohnC

Postby Jillian » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:34 pm

At the moment, you can't park a motorcycle (legally) at La Guardia. Like many airports, the parking lots are gated with (unmanned) take-a-ticket machines. The manufacturer has "No Motorcycles" circle-slash signs on the gates; the inductive loops also can't sense a bike and produce a ticket (and there's no button). The best a traveler can do is ride over the cut curb and park illegally. :evil:

I've been pressuring the Port Authority to open up a (free) motorcycles-only spot -- like the ones at JFK and EWR -- and it's a top priority for Spring construction; I'm told it will be at Marine Air Terminal :x . NYMSTF members will be the first to know when it goes up, though! :mrgreen:
President, NYMSTF
http://www.nymstf.org
Jillian

Return to Off the Bike