Good Local Shop for Gear?

Parking, Maintenance, and Such

Good Local Shop for Gear?

Postby castaway » Mon May 07, 2012 8:58 am

Hi Folks,

I was on the verge of riding down to Revzilla this past weekend to peruse and possibly buy boots, helmet, gloves, etc., but motivation to do the drive disappeared. Is there a local shop that stocks a range of brands (such as Shoei, Scorpion, Rev't, Dainese)? I know Cycle Gear is over in Edison, NJ (I haven't been there) ... is that the closest thing to Revzilla in terms of stock?

I've looked through the NYMSTF shop list - details about what shops have for gear isn't listed.

Thanks!
castaway

Re: Good Local Shop for Gear?

Postby Jillian » Wed May 09, 2012 5:23 pm

Hiya, Castaway,
I'm sorry to report that the opportunities for buying high-end gear as you describe are pretty terrible in the city. Which is a shame!

Shoei helmets are pretty ubiquitous, so I'd try Cycle Therapy for that. I think Brad mentioned seeing some Dianese stuff at a newish shop in Queens a few months ago, maybe he can chime in with more info.

If you do go to Cycle Gear, though, give us a full report!
President, NYMSTF
http://www.nymstf.org
Jillian

Re: Good Local Shop for Gear?

Postby ChrisLesser » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:57 pm

castaway wrote:Hi Folks,

I was on the verge of riding down to Revzilla this past weekend to peruse and possibly buy boots, helmet, gloves, etc., but motivation to do the drive disappeared. Is there a local shop that stocks a range of brands (such as Shoei, Scorpion, Rev't, Dainese)? I know Cycle Gear is over in Edison, NJ (I haven't been there) ... is that the closest thing to Revzilla in terms of stock?

I've looked through the NYMSTF shop list - details about what shops have for gear isn't listed.

Thanks!

Hi Castaway,

This might be a few months late, but we just opened up in Brooklyn. We don't have every different skull/lightning/dragon custom graphic in every helmet like Revzilla does, but we've got a pretty well thought out collection of jackets, boots, gloves, helmets and accessories in stock.

Just posted an intro here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=400

Come down and see us!

Cheers!

Chris
Union Garage
ChrisLesser

Return to Off the Bike