Introductions!

Public chat about the reality of riding throughout the state of NY.

Re: Introductions!

Postby Cheryl S » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:58 pm

Eddie wrote:Eddie

Right now I'm riding a Kawasaki Concoction (part concours, part ZRX1200, part ninja ZX-10).

I want to see pics of this one.
Cheryl S
Cheryl S

Postby JohnC » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:02 pm

Hi,

I commute from Rockland county on a KLR all year round to downtown Manhattan.

Thanks for all the work on getting some parking spaces in NYC!!!!

Regards,

John
JohnC

Postby Gho100 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:59 am

I'm George, some of you know me from the Ear Inn.

Gho100 on ADV, CrazyGeorge on Stromtroppers, gho100 on couchsurfing.org

Currently riding a DL1000, wrenching on a 1980 GS850G and a 1985 Vf1000F, all garaged in NJ, but hopefully that will change soon.

I live in brooklyn, and work in Finance.

Here's me:

Yes, it is that orange.
George Overkamp
NYMSTF Secretary
Gho100

Postby vesparado » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:42 pm

My name is Dan. I commute from Staten Island into Midtown daily most often on an Aprilia Mana 850, sometimes a Vespa GTV 250 and once in a while on a 1975 BMW R75/6. Yes, I am an Airhead.
Dan Sciannameo
http://www.avgny.com
vesparado

Postby vinicio » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:42 pm

Hi everybody... I'm Vinicio. I moved to NYC slightly over a month ago, from San Francisco. Believe it or not, my *only* hesitation about moving to NYC was due to the stories I heard of the difficulties of being a motorcyclist here—motorcycling is a central part of my life. So I was happy to learn about the NYMSTF, and see that there are people here trying to do something about it.

A little more about me: I've been riding for over four years. I started riding entirely for practical reasons on a Vespa. Public transportation in SF sucks and I have not owned a car in over ten years. That Vespa was my gateway drug, and got totally hooked. Since then, I've owned several bikes of varying capacities and logged nearly 40,000 miles.

My last bike was a 650 V-Strom (below). I debated whether to bring it to New York, but for several reasons (mostly the fact that I had no idea where I would park it), I sold it before the move. I have not gotten a bike since, and I'll confess that I've been depressed not having a bike.

I'm planning to go to the IMS in January, so I hope to meet some of you there. And one of these days I hope to check out things at the Ear Inn on Tuesday nights (that's still going on isn't it?).

Cheers,

--Vinicio

Me and the Guzzi on Tioga Pass
vinicio

Postby Brad Berson » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:31 pm

vinicio wrote:I'm planning to go to the IMS in January, so I hope to meet some of you there. And one of these days I hope to check out things at the Ear Inn on Tuesday nights (that's still going on isn't it?).

Hi Vinicio, the Ear Inn still has local motorcycle folks meeting up on Tuesday nights but the crowd gets small in the winter.
Brad Berson

Postby Eddie » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:20 am

Jillian wrote:
Eddie wrote:I just picked up a "Harley" MT500 ex military bike to play in the dirt with.

Pics, please!!! :mrgreen:

http://picasaweb.google.com/hachayalboded/MT#

The first couple rows are mine, the rest are of others. And the last 4 are mine also.
Eddie

Postby Eddie » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:21 am

Cheryl S wrote:
Eddie wrote:Eddie

Right now I'm riding a Kawasaki Concoction (part concours, part ZRX1200, part ninja ZX-10).

I want to see pics of this one.

http://picasaweb.google.com/hachayalboded/concours
Eddie

Postby Juanjo » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:58 pm

Hi,
my name is Juanjo and I'm a motorcycleholic !
Juanjo

Postby symeon » Sun May 15, 2011 2:08 pm

Hello everyone,

July 21 2008, my twin brother Dimitrios Kazanas was killed while on his bike, right by the Staten Island Ferry terminal in lower Manhattan. I noticed your site has been following the case against Adam Greenberg and you have posted updates as well.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=162
The other thread correctly states that Adam Greenberg has pled guilty to four of the seven counts, including the top charge of Aggravated Vehicular Homicide. He will be sentenced in August to 2-6 yrs.

We expect some sense of closure when Adam Greenberg finally sees the inside of a prison.

Thank you for all you are doing on behalf of my brother, and all riders in general.

Regards
Symeon Kazanas
symeon

PreviousNext

Return to Riders' Talk