Introductions!

Public chat about the reality of riding throughout the state of NY.

Re: Introductions!

Postby Cheryl S » Wed May 25, 2011 3:26 pm

symeon wrote:Hello everyone,

July 21 2008, my twin brother Dimitrios Kazanas was killed while on his bike, right by the Staten Island Ferry terminal in lower Manhattan. I noticed your site has been following the case against Adam Greenberg and you have posted updates as well.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=162
The other thread correctly states that Adam Greenberg has pled guilty to four of the seven counts, including the top charge of Aggravated Vehicular Homicide. He will be sentenced in August to 2-6 yrs.

We expect some sense of closure when Adam Greenberg finally sees the inside of a prison.

Thank you for all you are doing on behalf of my brother, and all riders in general.

Regards
Symeon Kazanas

Hello Symeon,
I'm sorry I didn't see your post sooner. Yes, we've been following this case. Task Force member Bridget has been particularly active. While we all wish the driver would have to serve a longer sentence, we're relieved that he'll be serving some time. The case had been dragging long enough to get us nervous.

If there's anything else that we can do to help, please let us know.
Cheryl S
Cheryl S

Postby Steve » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:32 pm

Hello. My name is Steve Manes and I'm a recovering DIY home renovator -- something which cut heavily into my riding time over the past ten years. Now I have a 2010 Concours to get me back off the wagon.

I've been riding since I was 14 and constructed a community mini-bike from a rusty frame we found leaning against a Good Will bin in Alexandria, VA, which led to my first crash on two wheels because it didn't have brakes and the throttle didn't have a return spring. I got legal with a motorcycle license when I was 19 and purchased my first real motorcycle: a Honda CL350 from Camrod (which was on W.52nd in those days).

Here it is parked outside our band's house in Quogue, LI. Believe it or not, I used to commute to northern Virginia on this thing once a month.Two years later it was replaced by a Honda CB750. That bike was stolen on W.92nd St nine months later and replaced by a Moto Guzzi 850T, on which I did a two-week tour of Canada before heading off to Berklee College of Music in Boston. Over the next three years, I put 100,000 miles on that bike, mostly weekend commutes back to NYC for gigs with my bass strapped to an Easy Rider-style passenger back rest.

Since then I've owned four Harleys (XLCH1200, FXWG, FLHS, FLHR), two Hinckely Triumphs (Super III and T595 Daytona), a BMW K75S and two Kwackers: an EX500 and the Concours. I've done a couple of runs to the coast and one to the Rockies, where I was chased halfway back across the country by one of the worst tornado-generating storms of the 1990s, leading to my first 1k day: Denver to Indianapolis with the Road King spitting hot oil on my leg from a broken rocker arm gasket.

I'm hoping to find time for another trip out west on the Concours this summer.
Steve

Postby ADVNY » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:11 am

Hey All, commuter, off roader, and dual sport rider here. On road and dual sport I ride the R1200GS, while off road I ride a G450X.
ADVNY

Postby Jillian » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:21 am

Welcome, ADVNYC!

Sometimes I think commuting on NYC roads is dualsporting! :nod: How d'ya like the G450X offroad? Handles ok, pep in the right places? :ear:
President, NYMSTF
http://www.nymstf.org
Jillian

Postby Bushwickklr » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:38 pm

Hello all. My name is Neftali. Just about everyone I know calls me Nef. My handle gives away where I live and what I ride :deal: I've been riding for a little over a decade now and I ride as often as possible. Not much these days... Im the President of a small, local riding club and am looking forward to helping out the NYMSTF in whatever I can. I hope to meet and possibly ride with you all soon.

Bushwickklr

Postby Cheryl S » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:50 pm

Welome, Nef.
Cheryl S
Cheryl S

Postby vfr870 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:45 pm

Bushwickklr wrote:Hello all....

:wave:
Steve
---------------------
07 KLX250S w/300 kit
05 DR650SE
04 XT225
99 VFR800 w/870 kit
vfr870

Postby Eddie » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:44 am

Bushwickklr wrote:Hello all. My name is Neftali. Just about everyone I know calls me Nef. My handle gives away where I live and what I ride :deal: I've been riding for a little over a decade now and I ride as often as possible. Not much these days... Im the President of a small, local riding club and am looking forward to helping out the NYMSTF in whatever I can. I hope to meet and possibly ride with you all soon.

Man they let anyone join don't they. 1drink
Eddie

Postby Bushwickklr » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:46 pm

Thanks Cheryl and Steve. Eddie, if I knew you were signed up here I would have thought twice about signing on. Your annoying enough on ADV :lol8:
Bushwickklr

Postby Jillian » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:28 am

Welcome, one and all! :beer:

Nice Montauk sticker, Nef. Here's mine:

Is that KLR an 08? My buddy has the same bike and is having a hoot on it. Thinks it's a real improvement over the 02 which he had (stolen).
President, NYMSTF
http://www.nymstf.org
Jillian

PreviousNext

Return to Riders' Talk